Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Best of Teen Drama Shows (part 1)


Everyone has their own guilty pleasure. One of mine, like many of my high school peers, happens to be teen drama TV series. I know that this is a huge stereotype that I am playing right into, but I mean it’s not called a “guilty” pleasure for just anything. I am writing this blog post as, sort of, a review for the different ones I have enjoyed recently.

First off is One Tree Hill, this one I most recently completed through many binge sessions on Netflix. I found it strangely addictive. By now it isn’t hard to predict what happens next on shows like this one, but I still found the show engaging. Plus, the cute boys helped keep my attention. It starts off when all of the characters are in high school and follows them as they grow into, somewhat, mature adults. Like most series that last as long as this one, at times it can be slow and predictable. But, overall I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I have to admit, however, that I didn’t like that for the last two or three seasons the characters, Peyton and Lucas weren’t hardly seen or heard from.

I finished watching 90210, a while back but I can still remember that I enjoyed the first couple seasons but by the end, it got a little repetitive. I really like how distinct the characters are and even as they grow up and mature they still have distinct personality traits that stay with them. I felt like the ending to the final season was a little rushed and predictable, but it fit the plot line and it tied up all of the loose ends. The final seasons seemed very drawn out and repetitive to me, so I would recommend only watching the first couple. I mean, this show is exactly what you would expect when you think of teen drama.

Gossip Girl is my all-time favorite teen drama TV shows. I would highly recommend it because it never gets old and keeps you guessing at all times. You will fall in love with the characters and immediately want to be immersed into their world. It deals with the pressure of high society, the clashing of different economic classes, the stress of growing up, power, sex, love, money, finding yourself, and, of course, gossip. As a side-note I would just like to add that, yes, you do eventually find out who gossip girl is but you just have to keep watching for it. It’s almost funny at first, because it seems like just a bunch of rich brats but you’ll learn to love them and get passed the wild spending of money. Anyways, highly recommend that you check this show out; I know you’ll love it.
Word Count: 461

No comments:

Post a Comment