Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Best of Teen Drama Shows (part 2)


Teenage Drama shows have been a guilty pleasure for many people for many years. I'm not sure why, maybe it makes us feel better about our own lives or maybe we watch it because we have nothing better to do. Either way these shows are super addicting, and needless to say, I have watched way too many of them.

Now, I haven’t watched all of Pretty Little Liars but after about season three I moved on. Maybe it got better after that, I don’t know, but I stopped watching because I found the plot super drawn out and kept feeling as if the characters where just going in circles. Quite frankly, I got bored. I liked how this show had a darker side to it and I think the hair and clothes are amazing, but that’s pretty much all it has going for it. I would not recommend this show unless you have a high attention span and a lot of time on your hands.

The Secret Circle is a lesser known drama and it didn’t last for many seasons but I thought it was one of the better ones I’ve seen. I know you can watch it on Netflix but other than that I'm not exactly sure where you can go to watch it. Anyways, I liked this show because it was different than other shows I've watched recently. It’s a mix between the stereotypic teen age drama series and Supernatural. It’s about a group of teens who discover that they are witches and ban together to save their town from the evils that try to attack it.  I find it sad that more people don’t know about this show and for how short it actually lasted. Plus, I might have a little bit of a girl crush on Britt Robertson.

One of the first teen dramas that I ever got into was The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I personally liked it because it opened the doors to the world of teen drama TV shows for me and I remember thinking it was super scandalous. But, to be fair it has been a while since I've watched it and I don’t even remember if I finished it, but if you are looking for something to watch, this wouldn’t be a bad choice.

 Another show I haven’t seen in a while is Awkward on MTV. I remember falling in love with the first couple seasons but then I never really got back into it when the third season started up. If you haven’t seen it I would recommend at least the first two seasons. I think this will be the next show I’ll watch because I the first two seasons were that good.
Word Count: 455

No comments:

Post a Comment