Sunday, April 12, 2015

New Movies


So I know this might seem unrelated to “surviving high school” because this post is going to be about movies that are coming out that I am really excited to go see. But, everyone needs some downtime once and a while, and what better way to spend it than at the movies? I have done a post about teen TV shows that high school students should watch, so why not movies? School can be stressful, so it’s okay to take two hours of your day to indulge yourself in someone else’s fantasy world, right? I think so.

First off, I went to a friend’s birthday party the other day and we went to go see The Longest Ride. It is the newest Nicolas Sparks story to hit the big screen, and it was pretty much what you would expect from him. Boy meets girl. Boy falls for girl. Something tragic and heart wrenching happens. They live the rest of their lives madly in love. While this was super sappy and total chick flick, I found it slightly less cliché than the other Nicolas Sparks movies I've seen. I would also say it is pretty graphic for a PG-13 movie, there were middle school aged girls sitting behind me and they gasped a few times for how much was shown during a sex scene. I thought it was a beautiful story and thought it was (slightly) more realistic than some of the other romance movies I have seen. Also, I might have mentioned in a previous blog post that I might have a celebrity crush on Britt Robertson. Anyways, would recommend if you like sappy romance movies like me.

Next are movies that haven’t come out yet, but I am dying to see.

The Age of Adeline looks like another beautiful yet tragic love story. This time the female doesn’t age. Ever. I've always liked Blake Lively ever since her Gossip Girl and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants days.  I feel like I haven’t seen her in anything recently so it’s nice to see her star in an upcoming feature film. It’s set to some out in later this month (April 24th) so hopefully I will be able to go to the theaters to watch it.

Keeping with the theme of Britt Robertson, I am really looking forward to see Tomorrowland.  As we all know I am a geek, so I think it seems like a really cool concept about a pin that transports you to another world. I mean what could be better than a sci – fi (ish) movie with Britt Robertson? I just hope that the whole concept appears “plausible” and that there aren’t any major logical or logistical gaps in their reasoning.  (Did I mention I was a nerd?) Anyway this movie is set to come out May 22nd.

The last movie I want to talk about is Little Boy, I saw the trailer for the first time in theaters when I went to see The Longest Ride. I think this looks like this is going to be both a heart breaking and heartwarming story about a little boy who wants to bring his father back from the war. I can’t wait to see this one. It’s set to come out April 24th.

Word Count: 547

No comments:

Post a Comment